non-HIV MAC patient
Nov 19, 2005
what is the ratio between MAC infected patients with and without AIDS? is it rare to have MAC and not be infected with AIDS?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
No it is not rare to have MAC infection without HIV infection. It usually manifests itself as a lung infection in people without HIV infection and as a blood stream infection which can infect other organs in HIV infected people.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- If A Man Is Infected With Hiv Can He Pass It On To His Unborn Child?
- Will Lymph Nodes Swell In Shingles?
- What Is The Origin Of Gonorrhea?
- What Is Mucosal Herpes Infections?
- What Happens If Shingles Are Not Treated With Medicine?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Genital Herpes While Using A Condom?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.