clarification

I was in Africa and felt sick with shingles. A Dr. friend asked me to do an HIV test. I went to a mission hospital and the Dr. there used a small testing 'stick'on which he dropped my blood then twenty minutes later he said "Yap, two bars. You are positive."

My shingles was treated very swiftly and, thank God, effectively with acyclovir. But he also put me on a coctail treatment of Zidovudine and Nevirapine for two weeks. At the end of which time he put me on ZIDOVEX LN a coctail of Zidovudine, Lamivudine & Nevirapine. I did a blood test and had CD4 of 645 and white blood cells at 4800. I did all of this while I was still in Africa. Since my return I have found your wonderful site and have read so much. I have not yet had a retest. Nut I feel excellent healthwise.

My qeustions are thus: what was the testing thing that he used. I have calmed down now, but back then I was too depressed to even ask.

Should I stop taking this medicines until I have done a completely new and comprehensive test now. My fear is that suppose I stop and his reading stays true I might develop a resistance. I have been on all of this for two months now, since the beginning.

May God bless you all!!!

Per my previous response, go see an HIV specialist ASAP and figure out what to do with the treatment your were prescribed.

HIV and AIDS
Seroconverted