|Abnormal Hep B surface antibody results
Nov 11, 2005
I am a nurse at a company. In reviewing Hep B antibody results of 2 of our employees, l noted that the levels were above 2000 miu/ml. Employee completed thier Hep B vaccination 4 months ago. Is it normal to have such high levels? Does it mean they have been exposed to the virus at one point in their life? Thank you
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
positive surface antibody results only indicate vaccine exposure. Positive antibody results to anything else (e or core, etc) indicate exposure to virus.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Pain In Balls After Swallowing Cum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rectal Bleeding After Touching Vaginal Secretions Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Nipple Biting Worried I Have HIV
- Tiredness After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.