viral load hi or low
Nov 6, 2005
What is considered a High, med or low viral load if the test results are given in IU?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
One IU is approximately equivalent to 4 copies/ml and depends on the assay used. A low HCV viral load would be considered anything < 800,000 IU or 2 million copies and a high viral load would be considered anything > 800,000 IU or 2 million copies/ml.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Blood In Semen A Symptom Of HIV?
- Is Itchy Testicles A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is Sinus Infection An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute
- Burning Penis After Getting Head Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.