Viral Lode

My mother was recently retested after having been on meds for several months. Her CD4 cells are 231 (helper cell 23%). Her doctor said that the average viral lode is 1000 and a person needs 500 function. Her HIV RNA Expanded Copies/ML is 557. Is this her viral lode? I seem to remember the doctor saying that her viral lode is 50 and if it keeps going down she will have to do a resistance test. Please explain.

I don't know what "expanded" means, but 557 copies/ml is her viral load. We like to see the viral load < 50 copies/ml, which indicates that treatment is working. I think the doctor meant if the viral load stays at a detectable viral level or begins to INCREASE, then a resistance test might need to be done.

2 months of labs
Difference from T-cell count and CBC