CD4 Fluctuation

Hi Doctor,

I was infected three years ago. About two months before i was infected i had a CBC done. One of my counts were Lymph total:1450 approx 28% WBC total: 5200. My doctor said that this was absolutely fine and within normal range.

It has now been three years, my Lymph total has risen to almost 3000. My CD4 has risen to over a 1000, and so has my CD8 values. My percentage has risen considerably.

My doctor has indicated although the total is high it still normal, and this is a good response to the Disease. I asked him what he though my CD4 count would have been in that 1400 count. He said it would be difficult to say without a t cell count, but it would have probably been around 750 -800. Which is average.

My questions are:

1. Do you agree with my Doctor's guess, and if so, why has it increased as this goes against everything i read about the disease?

2. Why has my CD8 value risen?

3. would this be the raeson for my lymph nodes swelling and regressing?

thank you Dr. Mark.

1. His guess is in the ball park. I assume you are not on treatment to account for the CD4 increase. You may be lucky in having an immune system that is capable of handling the infection on its own without the need for treatment. 2. That is a natural and good response to HIV infection. 3. Perhaps.

Eratic CD4 and VL -- Interpretation?
my Cd4