low cd4

dear Doctor,

Please could you help explain this trend to me.

I have been + since 2000 and fell really sick this year for close to five months.

prio to my admision in hospital, cd4 was 123 and VL 137 000.

Developped all types of complications i.e TB, hepatities, Diabities etc.

Today I am out of hospital with a VL of less than 50 (undictable) but with a cd4 of 70 (less than a 100).

I cant really understand what is going on and what should I do.

I am on efavir and douvir since june 2005.

The only side effect i have noticed is swollen legs and don't know if it is related to low calcium.

thanks

I am not sure what your question is. You have had a great response to treatment, even though your CD4 count has slid a bit. You don't indicate how long you have been on treatment. Another number to know is the CD4 percent. You may have an increasing CD4 percent (which is good), even though your absolute number has declined somewhat. I would hang in there and I suspect your CD4 count will continue to increase.

Hepatitis Exposure and Vaccination
ABS