Acute infection require medication?

My teenage son was just diagnosed last week as HIV+. We are sure that he just had the original acute infection last month...so I am prepared to see a high viral load and low CD4 when we get the bloodwork back next week. My question is, if his doctor decides to start medication now because of this, does this mean he'll always be on medication? He's so young.

As in everything else related to HIV infection the answer is perhaps. There are several scenarios. He may not need any medications now or for the next several years. He may need medications and he would have to remain on them for some period of time and come off for a while if his immune system recovers, or he would have to remain on them for the next several years. I don't think you have enough information yet to know which way it will go.

CD3 means what for HIV infected?
Undetectable for a year, no increase in CD4