|PCR vs. bDNA
Oct 17, 2005
Can bDNA viral load values be translated to PCR values? The DHHS Guidelines only use PCR viral load numbers to advise on treatment. Thank you! -Gloria, Body Positive
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Some papers have published that PCR is 2-fold or 0.2-0.3 log higher than bDNA results. This difference may be lessened if the same standards or automated nucleic extraction are used.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- HIV Infection Risk Urine
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Getting Tattoo?
- Too Scared To Get Tested After Lap Dance
- Vaginal Fluid How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Vaginal Sex Without Condom How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- What Is The Risk Of Vaginal Fisting?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.