Viral Load and CD4 count Status?

I was diagnosed in June'05 as being HIV positive, but not with AIDS. My counts were: CD 4 (202) and VL 75,000. After 5 weeks on Sustiva and Truvada, CD4 was (390) and Ultra (?) 1700. Was this a good sign? I am going for my second counts on October 28th. What should I hope or expect to see with my counts and what is difference between the regular VL count of 75,000 and then the Ultra count of 1700? Thank you.

You have had an excellent response. The difference between a regular or standard and ultrasensitive viral load assay, is the assay range of copy number they detect. THe standard assay range is from 400-750,000 and the ultrasensitive range is between 50-75,000 copies.

Will S&M activities affect my counts
CD4 and CD8