CD4 CD8 Readings

HI Doc,

i was diagnosed round three years ago, and im pretty sure that is when i got infected.

i went to see my HIV specialist yesterday to get my quarterly results. My CD4 values have risen to around 900, and my CD8 have risen as well and my total lymphocyte count is on the high end. i also have some swollen glands that come and go. My doctor said that this is a good thing, as my immune system is reacting well. I was worried about the glands and he said that this is becuase of all the lymphocytes being recruited in to the nodes hence the high levels.

im a bit worried about this Doc, as i have read that high levels of lymphocytes and swollen glands are a sign of Lymphoma.i asked my Doctor about this,and he said i have nothing to worry about that this is expected. I am on no meds and my doctor doesnt think i need to.

1.Is this high level of lymphocyte counts normal as it goes against the trend of the diease (low) of which i have read?

2.please answer Doc, as im quite worried allthough i probably shouldnt be as my Doctor has assured me that it is fine, he said it would be more worrying if the Glands were perisiting, not coming and going as they do in the disease, is this true?

Thanks Doc..

your doing a great service.

You don't indicate what your total lymphocyte count, CD8 count, percentage, or viral load are. For the most part, I tend to agree with what your doctor has said.

my viral laod
Will S&M activities affect my counts