undetected viral load.
Oct 10, 2005
I read about a man who have lived with the virus for 9 years without drugs and his vira load is still undetected and his CD4 count is still about 750. does it means that he will test positive when he goes for the next test? secondly, what is the side effect of stopping your medication when the cd4 count improves and starting it again when it goes down?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
If the HIV antibody test is positive, he will continue to test antibody positive. The answer to the second question is not clearly known yet and is the subject of current studies.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Tingling In Feet A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Sex With A Prostitute Should I Get Test For AIDS
- Itchy Rash After Giving Oral Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Thrush After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- 100 Day Negative Hiv Rapid Test
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.