|radiation treatment and dropp in cd4 cells
Oct 8, 2005
DEAR SIR IRECEIVED RADIATION TREATMENT FOR GASTRIC LYMPHOMA. AT THE SAME TIME MY CD4 COUNT DROPPED FROM 1200 TO 238. LAST RADIATION WAS IN APRIL.MY CD4 CELLS ARE NOW ALWAYS BETWEEN 360 AND 350. LAST COUNT IN SEPTEMBER WAS 338.VIRALLOAD IS BELOW 50. COULD YOU PLEASE TELL ME IF THE DROPP IN CD4 CELLS HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE RADIATION THERAPY AND IF I CAN EXPECT MY CD4 CELLS TO GO UP AGAIN?
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Absolutely. Radiation therapy will definitely affect blood counts, including CD4 count.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Before Symptoms For Hiv Occur?
- How Many Cases Of Contracting Hiv Through Kissing Have Been Reported?
- If You Have Std Or Hiv How To Pervert It From Going To Someone?
- Partner Notification For Hiv Aids And Other Sexually Transmitted Infections
- When An Insect Bites Someone With Hiv Can It Be Transmitted To Another Person?
- How Fast Does Hiv Die In Air?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.