|Kaletra and Grapefruit Seed Extract?
Oct 8, 2005
Can I use grapefruit seed extract while using Kaletra? If not, why?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
I would be reluctant to suggest you can use this extract with Kaletra (lopinavir/ritonavir). We know that grapefruit and its juice can inhibit enzymes in the liver that also are involved with Kaletra metabolism.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Psoriasis A Symptom Of HIV?
- White Spots Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Dizziness After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Protected Anal Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Getting Scratched Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.