Oct 2, 2005
i recently tested positive approx. 5 months ago. and well i have had 2 sets of blood work done. my first test my CD4 count was 1265 and my viral load was 5000. In August my CD4 count is 1014 and my viral load is 95000. my question is. is that normal to be that high on the VL. my doctor thinks its come kind of error. should i get a second opinion?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
You don't need a second opinion, you just need a repeat viral load test.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Tingling Lips After Touching Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can An Sexually Transmitted Disease Cause White Vaginal Discharge?
- How Often To Get Hepatitis B Vaccine Series?
- Can Rubbing Cocks Together Transmit HIV?
- Hiv Risk From A Reciving A Blow Job
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.