|virility of HIV
Mar 28, 2001
How long and how well can the HIV virus survive outside the human body?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
This question has been addressed multiple times. Survival is highly dependent on whether the virus is within a liquid medium and how much virus is present in free form or in infected cells. If it's dry, its dead. If blood is still in a liquid form, if present, it is potentially infectious.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Aching After Kissing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Black Spots After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Erectile Dysfunction After Eating Food Made By Someone With HIV Worried I Have HIV
- Floaters After Getting Head Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.