HIV & AIDS Testing
Sep 25, 2005
Do the ELISA & Western Blot tests only test for HIV or do they test for AIDS as well. If you have progressed to AIDS will the western blot test come back negative?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
AIDS is a late manifestation of HIV infection. Thus, the HIV tests will be positive if someone has AIDS.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Medicine Is Used To Cure Gonorrhea?
- What If Antibiotics Did Not Clear Up My Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Does Herpes On The Vagina Look Like?
- What Are The Long And Short Term Problems With Genital Warts?
- What Are Shingles And What Do They Look Like?
- Is Uti Medication The Same As Gonorrhea?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.