Sep 25, 2005
Last viral load was <2.6 what does this mean?Is it still undectable. Can HIV levels be measured in spinal fluid. I had a spinal tap in August the lab stated that they could not test for the HIV virus in spinal fluid. I think that they are wrong. What is your oppion? This was done at the Universtiy of Tennessee Knoxville. Thanks Mark
Response from Dr. Holodniy
The number 2.6 refers to the log-base 10 equivalent of copy number. 2.6 logs is the same as 50 copies. HIV can be detected and quantified in the spinal fluid. But there is no reason outside of research studies to do this.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Sore Throat A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Do People Catch HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Itchy Vagina After Touching Skin Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Tingling In Feet After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Sharing Razors Or Drinks?
- Does Doxycycline Cure Gonorrhea And Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.