viral load

Last viral load was <2.6 what does this mean?Is it still undectable. Can HIV levels be measured in spinal fluid. I had a spinal tap in August the lab stated that they could not test for the HIV virus in spinal fluid. I think that they are wrong. What is your oppion? This was done at the Universtiy of Tennessee Knoxville. Thanks Mark

The number 2.6 refers to the log-base 10 equivalent of copy number. 2.6 logs is the same as 50 copies. HIV can be detected and quantified in the spinal fluid. But there is no reason outside of research studies to do this.

VDRL
scholarship for HIV+ studens