Sep 17, 2005
Hi, I was just wondering how useful Beta2-microglobulin is as a marker for disease progression? What are normal values? Does HIV-infection in itself cause elevated levels, or do levels increase only when AIDS is approaching?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
A non specific marker of inflammation and therefore not useful.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Do I Do When My Shingles Scab Over?
- What Can Cause A False Positive Hpv Test?
- What Are Your Chances Of Getting Herpes If You Have Sex With Someone That Has It?
- What Are The Ways You Can Catch Herpes?
- What Are Complications Of Untreated Gonorrhea?
- Vinegar Douche For Bacterial Vaginosis
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.