Sep 17, 2005
Hi, I was just wondering how useful Beta2-microglobulin is as a marker for disease progression? What are normal values? Does HIV-infection in itself cause elevated levels, or do levels increase only when AIDS is approaching?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
A non specific marker of inflammation and therefore not useful.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Does It Take To Contract The HIV/AIDS Virus After Sexual Intercourse?
- Can You Get Aids If You Suck Someone' S Dick?
- Can A Teenager Get A Hiv Test Without Parents Consent?
- Does Having Gonorrhea Mean I Have Hiv?
- Can You Get HIV From Touching Vomit?
- HIV Risk After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.