New Infection; Whats a typical viral load

I tested HIV- in March 2005 and HIV+ in July 2005. My first CD4/VL is 1149/81,000.

What is the behavior of VL in a new infection? I've been told the high VL is common and will go with time. Given the strength of my CD4s, my doctor indicates years before medication. How will my VL change without medication?

You are correct. HIV viral load is generally very high during acute infection and settles out to some relatively stable number after about 6-12 months after acute infection. More points on the line will help determine what the trend of viral load and CD4 count will be in you. Every person is different. Thus, your question can't be answered directly.

Timing of viral load tests: follow-up
What happens to the body when the viral load goes up