First lab results and effect of just taking meds for nsu

I was recently diagnosed as HIV+ and I just got my first lab results 236 CD4 count and 37000 VL, however I had recently been diagnosed for NSU and was taking Doxycycline for 4 days prior and took Azithromycin 2 days before due to the doxycline made me un well.

The fact of this as well as i had taken a home test the day prior to the test, so pretty much knew i was positive and not feeling that great wehn had the bloods taken.. would this effect the cd4 counts?

Or were mine unaturally low to begin with? The health advisor said that it was a wierd mix due to my viral load being low, and the fact that i didnt feel unwell etc..

I am seeing the doctor next week to discuss next steps, but after a month of waiting i am getting more nervous, so some advice would be gratefully received!

Thank u

G

An ongoing infection like urethritis could account for a lower CD4 count. After this infection is cleared another CD4 count will help determine where you are.

Hep C Viral Load
Timing of viral load tests