How long is too long to wait for treatment?

My husband was recently diagnosed with AIDS (two weeks ago). Apparently, by the C4T cell cound (<20!) and the high viral load (Over 100.000) this has been part f him for years. He is waiting for an appt. with a specialist - but it is two weeks away! I am so worried as he is now breaking out with round reddish lesions on his legs and today has one starting on his forearm. This may be Karsopi's Sarcoma. I believe he needs treatment now- but the doctors in our small town are not offering info- just have referred us to the specialist. What should we try to do? I believe this is a desparate time and situation. Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated. ALSO- a recent lung x-ray was clear- but he is very tired (good appetite) and is on Septra while he awaits other treatment.

Good he is on Septra. Probably the most important medicine for him right now. Clearly he needs HIV meds, and I suspect that the specialist will get him started when he sees him next week.

Reactions
Hep C Viral Load