Viral load and T-20
Mar 28, 2001
After 6 weeks of treatment with T-20 ,my viral load has incresed from 1 million to 3 millions!.There was a small decrease to 800000 at the end of week.2. My general physical condition is OK,but I am obviously worried... Could you please give an explanation? Thank you
Response from Dr. Holodniy
I curious as to the assay used to measure the viral load. Most of the commercial assays can not quantitate above 800,000 to 1 million. At that high level the difference between 1 and 3 million would be within the variability of the assay. Mh
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Rectal Bleeding After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Hepatitis B From Touching Blood?
- Can Hiv Survive In Toilet Water?
- Hiv Transmission Through Blood In Food
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.