|Viral load and T-20
Mar 28, 2001
After 6 weeks of treatment with T-20 ,my viral load has incresed from 1 million to 3 millions!.There was a small decrease to 800000 at the end of week.2. My general physical condition is OK,but I am obviously worried... Could you please give an explanation? Thank you
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
I curious as to the assay used to measure the viral load. Most of the commercial assays can not quantitate above 800,000 to 1 million. At that high level the difference between 1 and 3 million would be within the variability of the assay. Mh
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Purple Spots A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Sex With A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Black Spots After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Swallowing Precum What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.