What does CD in CD 4 mean?
Aug 28, 2005
We have recently had an HIV awareness campaign at my place of employment and the facilitator could not tell me what the meaning of CD is. Could you please explain.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
CD means Cluster Differentiation of antigens. CD thus refers to the different receptors on a cell surface that make it a distinct type of cell.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Skin After Anal Sex Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Testicular Pain After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can Blood Work Tell If Had Hep B Vaccine?
- How Long Does It Take For The Results Of A Hepatitis B Test?
- Is Cervical Cancer Contagious To Men?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.