|What does CD in CD 4 mean?
Aug 28, 2005
We have recently had an HIV awareness campaign at my place of employment and the facilitator could not tell me what the meaning of CD is. Could you please explain.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
CD means Cluster Differentiation of antigens. CD thus refers to the different receptors on a cell surface that make it a distinct type of cell.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Much Blood Must Be Transmitted In Order To Get Hiv?
- What To Do If Your Partner Has Herpes?
- Will Hpv Always Show Up On Std Test?
- When Will I See A Blister On My Lips If I Have Herpes?
- What Would Cause False Positive Syphilis Blood Test?
- On What Part Of Your Body Can You Have An Outbreak From Herpes
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.