Follow up question on Sudden Drop in CD4 Count

Dear Dr Holodniy

This is a follow up to the question I asked recently involving my nephew's sudden drop in CD4 count. In your response you wondered if there was also a significant drop in CD4 %. The results were as follows: In April CD4 count= 428 CD4% =22%. In July CD4 Count= 265, CD4% = 20%. My question is: Is the 2 percentage point in CD4% consistent withe drop in absolute CD4 count, could it possibly be an error? Your response is much appreciated.

A 2% drop would not account for that decrease. But a 2% drop would not be considered significant.

Strain of virus?
strep