HEP C

I am confused, tested pos for hep c, liver panel tests Alkaline Phosphatase 122, SGOT (AST) 102, SGPT (ALT) 135, GGTP CBC w/platelet count 161, my doctor said that since I have has a heavy drinking lifestyle I need to wait for 3 more months to see if the results are due to drinking or the Hep c. my viral count is 39,435 Is this true or should I get a 2nd opion? I also have a platelet count of 88 and I am a type 2 diabetic. Please help I am worried

It appears you have chronic HCV infection, given the positive HCV viral load result. The blood enzyme tests are elevated and can be seen in both HCV infection or with heavy drinking. If you stop drinking the blood enzyme levels usually go back to normal if that is all that is going on. So if they stay elevated, it probably has something to do with HCV infection of the liver.

My 6 month check up after crystal use
hep b labs