|Interpreting: copies/ ml?
Aug 12, 2005
Hello, exactley how is 400 copies/ml. under HIV-1 RNA Copies/ml to be interpreted? Is it 400 HIV-1 Viruses composed of 2 RNA strands enclosed in a single gp-120 capsule per ml or is it 200 viruses composed of 2 RNA strands enclosed in a single gp-120 capsule per ml. Or is it something entirely different? Thanks for the knowledge, Scott.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
No, it's 400 copies of RNA and it is not expressed as the number of copies in virus particles.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Rectal Bleeding A Sign Of AIDS?
- Ache In Testicles After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Receiving Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Oral Sex On A Woman Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.