stage vs. viral count
Aug 8, 2005
I am a 45yr. female with hep c genotype 1b, stage 2, and a viral count of 38,500,000. The doctor said I have mild liver damage but the highest count she's ever seen. What does 38 million mean to me and what does stage 2 mean?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Stage refers to the amount of fibrosis or scarring in the liver as a result of HCV infection. The scale goes from 0-4, with 4 being cirrhosis. Stage 2 would be considered mild to moderate fibrosis, indicating some damage to the liver. A HCV viral load would be considered extremely high, but I have seen higher. Has treatment been discussed?
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Groin Pain After Condom Leak Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Anal Sex Bottom Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have
- Sore Testicles After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- If You Use A Condom Correctly Can You Get A Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.