elevated SGPT & SGOT
Jul 28, 2005
My husband was recently diagnosed with Hep-C. he now has SGPT of 110 & SGOT of 48. we're trying to find ways & means to work on his Hep-C infection thru alternative methods (herbal) since we cannot afford the cost of interferon & ribavirin. should we worry that his SGPT & SGOT are at these rates? thanks.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
That SGPT level does not help determine the extent of liver damage cause by HCV.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does Muscle Ache Mean I Have AIDS?
- Is Muscle Ache An Acute Symptom Of AIDS?
- Painful Red Spots After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.