reply to v/load drop

"v/load drop sans meds Jul 16, 2005 "

"A few years ago my v/l jumped from 50,000 to 1,000,000 and stayed in that range for almost 2 years, at this point the province changed their test to ultra sensitive and would only go up to <100,000. On one of my monthly tests I was surprised to see my viral load at 56,000. since then it has been between 20,000 and 70,000. My cd4 has never dropped below 500. My Dr (J.M)said he has never seen this without meds. My question is simply, have you seen this and what is the reason." Thanks for your speedy reply. Yes I'm sure that the results were not diluted, however I did have several diluted results done during my "out of range" period. Thats how I know the v/load was over a million for so long. When my v/load was so high I asked my Dr. (Dr.J Montaner)if it would drop on it's own and he said he hasn't known it to. When it did drop, and stay dropped he said he couldn't explain it. I was just wondering if you had any thoughts on it. Both why the dramatic increase and the slower decrease to as low as 20,000. We found no secondary infections or new strains etc.. Thanks, Scott

If it did not have anything to do with the assay or diluting the sample and the good Dr. Montaner could not explain, than neither can I.

legal aspects of reporting HIV
medicine or not