FUNGAL INFECTION

Hi Doc

I have a very interesting problem, i have systemic candida I was infected about four months ago, got pityriasis rosea and comenced on getting all types of fungal infections leaky gut syndrome malabsorption due to the fungal overgrowth etc, the question I want to ask is the doctor believes that the fungal infections are more to my eating habits of the past and being prone to fungal infections than the hiv itself he seems to think that one would not get all these infections in such a short space of time of having hiv, my seroconversion was very wierd dry mouth no fever pityriasis rosea a bit of diahorea weight loss and major depression, I honestly didnt think i was infected because the doctors said 1}pityriasis rosea has nothing to do with ars 2} dry mouth is very rare 3} diahorea wouldnt last as long as it did about three weeks 4} weight loss is also not very common in ars please help by telling me your thoughts, the fungal infections are very puzzling. i know they are common to hiv + people but are they common in such a short period also am lactose intolerant.

I agree with all that your doctor said.

Viral load 200,000; CD4 380 - - Should I start anti-retroviral treatment?
Should I start treatment