|Increase in CD8 causing falling Ratio?
Jul 16, 2005
2/15/05 cd4=217 %=21 CD8=512 %=51 Ratio=.41 Lymphocytes=1011 VL=1020
5/15/05 cd4=226 %=30 CD8=279 %=38 Ratio=.79 Lymphocytes=743 VL=<50
7/1/05 cd4=269 %=24 cd8=496 %=45 Ratio=.53 Lymphocytes=1114 VL=100
question 1 - Is it unusual for my VL to go up to 100 in the last test?
Question 2 - Although my CD4 count is rising, my ratio is falling due to higher CD8 count. Is this good or bad?
Question 3 - should my CD4 be rising faster than this?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
1. No, blip in the assay. 2. In your case good. A natural response by your immune system is to increase your CD8 count. 3. The increase in CD4 count is very patient specific. Nothing wrong with your trend.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can AIDS Be Transmitted Through Touching An Open Scab?
- Can U Get HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Blood In Semen After Touching Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Chest Cold After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Bj Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Needle Stick Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.