viral load

Please help me with a response to this. I have been HIV + for 15 years now and entered alcohol and drug recovery alittle over five months ago. For the 15 years my viral load stayed stable at between 6000 and 13000 and the cd4 has been generally about 460. At 3 months into recovery I got labs back stating a viral load of 350,000 with a cd4 of 487. I thought it could have been a fluke or the possibility of being off by one log. Then I got retested and got the results a couple of days ago with an increase to 450,000 and a cd4 of 510. I am being followed by a doctor and am currently on no medications. I have an appointment next week and am willing to start a protocol now which seems to be the next step. I know that I have not reexposed myself to a new stain I am positive of that. What gives with the sudden hugh jump in the viral load.

Thank you for you help,

What you describe is very unusual, but appears real given the followup test. In some instances this could happen after an acute infection or vaccination. Because your CD4 count is so good there is no need to rush into treatment. I would just continue to monitor where the viral load and your CD4 count is going.

Indeterminate Results
Bun Level