v/load drop sans meds

A few years ago my v/l jumped from 50,000 to 1,000,000 and stayed in that range for almost 2 years, at this point the province changed their test to ultra sensitive and would only go up to <100,000. On one of my monthly tests I was surprised to see my viral load at 56,000. since then it has been between 20,000 and 70,000. My cd4 has never dropped below 500. My Dr (J.M)said he has never seen this without meds. My question is simply, have you seen this and what is the reason.

You need to be sure that the lab is not diluting the sample. Many labs have stopped using the standard test and only use the ultrasensitive assay. If the sample is > 100,000, they will usually dilute the sample 1 to 10. Thus a viral load of 56,000 could really be 560,000 and so on. It would be unlikely in someone with a high CD4 count like yours for the viral load to do that on its own.

ABOUT HEPATITIS B & C
viral load and T4