Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Understanding Your LabsUnderstanding Your Labs

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

CD4 count in 2-7 only.. what does this mean?
Jul 9, 2005

Hi prof, I am a 27 years old man. I don't have much knowledge about CD4 count, what does it mean if my CD4 count is in about 2-7 only? What should I do to increase my CD4 count? Actually, that is the report of my last checking. I did undergo many others checking like lympha check, hepatitis check and many others common AIDS checked, but all those report seem good and I'm not infected by other virus beside HIV virus. My doctor said I'm consider as AIDS patient as my CD4 count is so bad. I feel some common AIDS symtoms such as fever (37.5 celcius), sweating at nite and get tired easily. Pof, I am not fear of dead, but what I can't let it go is my wife, that we just maried last year, and I gotta having a baby soon. Pls provide me good advice, I need to continue on my live and I need to support my parents living. Pls reply me as soon as my CD4 count seem too bad. Thanks a lot.

Response from Dr. Holodniy

That CD4 count would be considered extremely low and you are at risk for developing complications of AIDS like infections and cancers. HIV treatment is absolutely indicated NOW. The first order of business is to get control of the virus and get your CD4 up. You also need to start taking a couple of different antibiotics now while your CD4 count is low to protect you now until the HIV treatment starts working. Your doctor should be discussing these issues with you.

Previous
hiv+woman with hiv-guy
Next
Percentages drop 10% in one month?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.