|hiv+woman with hiv-guy
Jul 9, 2005
i am hiv+ woman and my viral load has been undectible for almost a year now, my boyfriend who is negative wants to have unprotected sex with me, and eventually we both would like to have a child someday. my boyfriend is circumsized (if that makes any diffrence). so anyway i guess my question is...Is it ok to have unprotected sex with him? And is it possible for us to make a baby? thank you.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
I would NOT advise unprotected sex. The risk of transmission is low, but NOT zero. It is absolutely possible to have a baby. Probably best done through his sperm donation and insemination or in vitro fertilization. This is also probably best done with an OB/Gyne doctor who is experienced in this area and treating HIV infected women through their pregnancy.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Anal Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Eyes After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Touching Vaginal Fluid Worried I Have HIV
- If A Man Pulls Out Before He Comes Can I Still Get A Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.