viral count danger
Jul 9, 2005
my hcv ab w/Rflx to RIBA is 59.2 (high) my HCV QuantaSure Plus (Non-Graph) 1,135,850 they have not told me what strain it is? how do i find that, and how important is it? i am a 19 yr. old in perfect health, didn't know i had this, from birth, as my mother has it.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
HCV strain or commonly refered to as genotype is important to know. It absolutely makes a difference, as different genotypes respond quite differently to HCV treatment.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dating For Heterosexual People Who Have Hiv
- Are Early Flu-like Symptoms Of Hiv Contagious?
- How Soon Would They Notify An Hiv Positive After Donating Blood?
- Chances Of Having Hiv After Sex With An Hiv Positive Person
- Hiv And Cold Sweat On Hands And Feet
- People From Which Age Group Are More Likely To Suffer From Opportunistic Infections
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.