Viral load progression

I recently discovered that I am hiv+ (April 3, 05) after I was exposed in October 2004. I saw an infectious disease doctor who sent me for a viral load test immediately. The first test I had in April 05 showed that my VL is 81 and my CD4 count is about 800. Uncertain of the results, he wanted to repeat the labs. The second set showed undetectable VL levels. He said I seem to be controling the virus on my own for now and wants to see me in 3-4 mos. My question is, after being exposed for 6 mos or more, shouldnt my VL be higher? How fast does VL typically increase without taking any meds?

I agree with your doctor. You are one of the relatively few who has an immune system that is able, for now, to control the infection without HIV meds.

Sinusitis and CD4
Viral load test result