Falling Base CD4 Count / Rising CD4 %

My viral load has been undetectable (<50 copies / ml.) for the past eight months. And, while my CD4% has steadily increased (currently at 54% up from a low of 30%), my base CD4 count has been steadily decreasing from a high of 1100 to now just above 700. Though I understand that CD4% is thought to be a more accurate indicator of immune health than the base CD4 count, I'm a little perplexed by the paradoxical shift in counts over time and concerned with what seems like a pretty significant drop in my base CD4 count in spite of the favorable increase in my CD4%.

Remember that the normal range of CD4 counts in people without HIV infection is 500-1500 and 30-50%. Thus, you are bouncing around in the normal range and not below it. Since you are not at any risk for developing HIV associated infections or complications with a CD4 count of 700, I would not be concerned about this value.

MAC
HLA-B57 Typing