MAC

My doctor told me that I have MAC and it all through my body and my T-Cells are 10 and the doctor want to treat me with MAC medications for 30 days before they put me on HIV medications and I want to know what my is my rate of survival and any other information you can give me?

Your immune system is severely depressed from HIV infection, which is why you have dessiminated MAC infection. The strategy your doctor is suggesting is reasonable. First get control of this bacterial infection and then get control of the HIV infection. Although your HIV infection is very advanced, I have seen people do very, very well, and after starting HIV treatment, their CD4 counts increase well above 200, which takes you out of the risk group for getting other opportunistic infections.

Abrupt decrease in CD4 cells
Falling Base CD4 Count / Rising CD4 %