|confused by results
Jul 3, 2005
I recently had a HCV AB test which came back "borderline A . The test was repeated with HCV RNA of 3820000. I assume this is a true indication of HCV infection. In relation to the fact that the Hcv ab continues to read borderline , should this test be repeated? Is a liver Biopsy in order?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
These results could reflect acute infection with HCV, or longstanding chronic HCV infection with a borderline positive antibody test. Regardless, it is a true infection. There have been reports of people who are infected with HCV based on positive viral load results but who have a negative antibody test.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Are There People Out There Who Have The Hiv Virus But Never Get Sick?
- What Should You Do When The Condom Broke And The Person Is Hiv Postive?
- Hepatitis C Transmission In Lesbian Sexual Contact
- What Effect Does Atripla Tablet Have On Someone Without Hiv?
- What Is Non-reactive Hiv?
- Does Sleeping With Someone Who Is Hiv Infected Mean You Will Become Infected?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.