|When is HIV AIDS?
Jul 3, 2005
Recent test results are as follows: T cell 60 Viral Load 1,000,00. Is this AIDS? With medication adjustments is thre a chance for recover?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
AIDS is defined as a CD4 count of < 200 or < 14%. By definition, you have AIDS. With HIV medication and good adherence, you will be able to decrease your viral load to undetectable and raise your CD4 count significantly, such that you are not at risk for serious opportunistic infections.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does Candidiasis Cause Itchy Rashes?
- High White Blood Cell Count What Does It Mean Hiv
- What Can You Use For Burning Vaginal Neuropathy?
- Why Cant I Get Rid Of Bacterial Vaginosis?
- When Treated For Herpes How Long Before The Sore Go Away?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Through Unprotected Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.