|When is HIV AIDS?
Jul 3, 2005
Recent test results are as follows: T cell 60 Viral Load 1,000,00. Is this AIDS? With medication adjustments is thre a chance for recover?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
AIDS is defined as a CD4 count of < 200 or < 14%. By definition, you have AIDS. With HIV medication and good adherence, you will be able to decrease your viral load to undetectable and raise your CD4 count significantly, such that you are not at risk for serious opportunistic infections.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Are The Odds Of Getting AIDS From Oral Sex With No Protection?
- What Are The Odds Of Getting HIV From Swallowed Blood?
- What Is The Risk Of Getting HIV From Precum Touching Vagina?
- Are Chills A Sign Of AIDS?
- Could Penis Discharge Be A Sign Of Primary HIV Infection
- Does Itchy Rash Mean I Have AIDS?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.