Another Platelett Question

Dr. Holodniy, I read several of your responses to low platelett questions and read what is available on aidsmeds.com. My situation is this. i amstarting treatment in about 2 weeks. Current numbers vl 56000 CD4 298 with a platelett count of 36000, has never been that low, down from 96000 in March. Otherwise I am in excellent health. Am starting treatment July 15th ( my Dr is on holiday next week) and I want to start on a weekend. My question to you is threefold 1: in several posts you said that HIV therapy is associated with a rise in platelett count, is there a time frame for this ? or does it vary person to person. 2: Should I be on aprophylatic now ? 3: I read on aidsmeds.com that under 30000 the risk of a stroke greatly increases(hence my concerns) are there any lifestyle changes to make (at least on a temporary basis), I have maybe 2 drinks a month, I have about 5 or 6 cigarettes a day (those stopped yesterday) and am very active physically (biking, swimming, gym workouts etc) and I am 48 years old. Thank you for your time. Jon.

1. Varies in terms of timing and level of increase. 2. No. 3. No other lifestyle changes. Cigarettes had to go. The amount of alcohol is OK. Avoid lots of aspirin.

Where are the Medicines with Less Side Effects?
When is HIV AIDS?