Virus Replication Capacity

I was diagnosed HIV+ in 2/2005 and had three labs since. My CD4 are always around 300's, 23% and VL stays around 10,000. I just had my resistance test coming back and they also messured the Virus Replication Capacity (RC)> THe RC came back with 56% and my doctor told me that this is an indicator, that I probably won't need medication within the next few years, possibly never. With my CD4's being in the 300s I find that a bit to optimistic. What is your input? Is a 56% RC really an indicator for slower progression? Doesn't a low CD4 count in the 300's contradict this statement?

Thanks to all you guys for spending your time on here to give answers to us positive people. :)

I agree that the statement is a bit optimistic. Although you have had 3 sets of labs, they are all within a relatively short time span. Further validation of the RC test is needed to determine whether a value of 56% confirms slower progression.

Roller Coaster tcells
Question on Metabolism Changes Throughout History of HIV