underatnding urinalysis results
May 29, 2005
I recently changed doctors (infectious diseases-HIV), and had a urinalysis test with results that concerned my doctor, but she didn't say why it worried her. The results that were "out of range " were: turbid appearance, positive nitrite, 3+ leukocyte esterase, 6-10 WBC, and "many bacteria." Everything else was "in range," negative or "none seen." Can you give me a general idea of what's going on, & why my doctor expressed concern.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Sounds like a urinary tract infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Red Spots After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.