|Do I have HIV?
May 22, 2005
I have recently had an initial blood test done that came back positive for HIV, no other tests have been performed at this point, How certain can I be that I am indeed Positive. I don't go back for more tests until next week. Is Initial blood tests always correct and should I assume i have HIV.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Was a confirmatory western blot performed? If so, and the result is positive, then HIV infection has been confirmed. If only a screening test was performed, a confirmatory test must still be performed.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Painful Ejaculation After Condom Broke Anal Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can A Bladder Infection Cause Vaginal Bleeding?
- Chlamydia Effects In Men If Untreated
- How Can A Woman Get Vaginal Warts?
- If You Use A Condom Correctly Can You Get A Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.