May 22, 2005
I was diagnoses with syphilis when i was pregnant six years ago. my titer was 1.2. A little while later while i was still pregnant the titer read 1.1. I was told not to worry about it. Well i'm pregnant again and my titer is reading 1.1. Am I contagious? Do I even have syphilis,or am i getting a false reading since i'm pregnant. I have no other symptoms.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
This is a complex set of questions that I cannot answer and suggest you talk with your obstetrician. Several issues are in play including prior confirmation of infection, any prior treatment for syphilis, and the possibility of reinfection, among others.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flu Symptoms After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Anal Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Anal Fingering Worried I Have
- Painful Ejaculation After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Does It Take For Symptoms From A Std To Show Up?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.