A V.L Question From Across The Ocean!

Hello Dr. Holodniy,

Hope this brief albeit sincere message finds you well - My question is, just how long can a "blip" last ?

I was tested a month ago and although the V.L. was not high (V.L.<100) , my t-4's drastically fell (>1,100 to >520) as did my % from 39 to 28....

I had a bad bronchitis the previous month and was on antibiotics....

My latest results showed a slight improvement of t-4's 605 and the %32. The V.L. went down but not to under 50.

Before getting bronchitis, I started to drink again - this didn't help my situation and there were mornings when I would awake seeing that I forgot to take my tablets....

So, can blips be more than once ? Or could this be a resistance due to my stupidity in escaping my situation and thus forgetting to take my medication at the regular time ( this happened possibly 4 times this past year )?

Should I ask my doctor to take me off my medication so a resistance test be performed after allowing the V.L. to subsequently increase, or, showed I simply wait ?

An ex-patriot living in Vienna,Austria.

Blips can be more than once. It sounds like in your case there may have been several reasons for the blipping (an ongoing infection and lack of adherence to HIV meds). I would not do anything and wait for the next set of labs to get another point on the line and see where the trend is going.

HCV QN by bDNA
Revisited AIDS related bone pain