I must do something. What?

Thank you in advance. I'm taking meds since 1995, several combos ( AZT, VIDEX+AZT, 3TC+AZT, CRIX+D4T+3TC, and finally STOCRIN+D4T+3TC from 2002 to this day, since I started taking CRIX my VL has been not detectable e my CD4 varies from 500 up to 825 depending on amount of white cells of my blood. But I'm experimenting from 2002 big problems on my body shape ( wasting, lipodystrophy, ... ) and it causes me more and more self-rejection and few interest in living like this. I'd like to know whether may I stop taking meds for a period in order to remake my body improving the quality of my life without putting myself at risk.

You may not know, but you don't indicate what your CD4 count was prior to starting any treatment in 1995. If it was say below 300-350, I am not sure I would stop everything at this point. I am a bit confused as to whether you are currently on crixivan or not, or just the efavirenz, d4T, 3TC. Part of your symptoms may also be related to the ongoing use of d4T. You may want to talk with your doctor about switching out that med for something else.

RE: Falling Lymphocytes
my status