cd4/cd8 ratio: 1.6, high cd4+cd8
Apr 29, 2005
I got infected on june 2003, tested pos 1 year later, my doctor here in colombia, does not why my total number of lymphocytes is so high: 5200 (45%),my cd4/cd8 ratio: 1.6, my cd4: 1869, cd8: 1152, my vl is undetectable in bdna pcr. my two questions are: how come i have such bad symptoms (skin blisters, dry skin, night fevers, leg pain) with this high cd4s ?, am i a long term non progresor ?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Your symptoms may be related to something other than HIV infection. Your counts indicate a good initial immune system response to HIV infection. Time will tell about your progression status.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sex With A Prostitute And Possible HIV Exposure
- Odds Of Getting HIV Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Cold Feet After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Swollen Glands After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.